Youngsters are art and about!
YOUNGSTERS have received awards from the mayor after their artistic and creative talents wowed judges. More than 135 Royston Guides, Brownies, and Rainbows came together at the Guide hut in Garden Walk to receive their awards after taking part in a distr
YOUNGSTERS have received awards from the mayor after their artistic and creative talents wowed judges.
More than 135 Royston Guides, Brownies, and Rainbows came together at the Guide hut in Garden Walk to receive their awards after taking part in a district arts and crafts competition.
The competition was split into eight categories that included painting and drawing, photography, flower arranging, and needle craft.
Royston mayor Councillor Lynn Berry was on hand to present the awards.
You may also want to watch:
District team leader Carol Hilldrop said: "The competition was extremely successful, and we couldn't believe the standard of entries.
"All the judges were impressed and they all commented on their creativity.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
"It was a really good event and it was the first one we had run in 10 years - hopefully we will do it again soon."
Twenty-one-year-old Rachel Holland, who is a former Guide and now one of the group's leaders, also received an award.
She has been given the Chief Guide Award which is one of the highest accolades.
Mrs Hilldrop added: "This was a very big honour for Rachel, and we are very proud of her. There's not many people who receive this award."
- The Royston District Guides and Brownies spring fair will be held at Royston Town Hall on Saturday, March 17.
The event will take place from 10am-noon, with a variety of stalls and goods on display.
For more information about the Royston Guides, Brownies and Rainbows, or for more details on the fair, contact Carol Hilldrop on 01763 247691.