Young artists encouraged to enter logo competition for Melbourn village plan
YOUNG artists are being encouraged to get involved with a village plan project by entering a logo design competition. The Melbourn village plan aims to give village a say on shaping the future of the village. The project has been progressing considerably
YOUNG artists are being encouraged to get involved with a village plan project by entering a logo design competition.
The Melbourn village plan aims to give village a say on shaping the future of the village. The project has been progressing considerably over the last few months, and the steering committee are now looking for a logo for the plan.
Artists under the age of 16 who live in the village can enter, and prizes will be on offer for the best entries in two age groups; 4 - 10 years and 11 - 16 years.
The steering group are also appealing for more adult volunteers to get involved with the project, as they prepare to issue a second questionnaire later this year.
You may also want to watch:
John Travis, village plan chairman, said: "This signals our intent to make Melbourn resident's ideas a reality.
"We had an excellent response to the initial survey, and hope that even more residents will complete the next stage of our research - a questionnaire that will be sent to all households and businesses in the parish - and therefore play a significant part in the foundation of the overall plan for Melbourn over the next 5-10 years."
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
For more information on volunteering, call co-ordinator Lynne Harris on 07519 791256, or register on the village website www.melbourncambridge.co.uk/villageplan.
Entries for the logo competition should be on one side of A4 paper, with the name, age, address, and phone number of the entrant on the back. They can be handed in at one of the Melbourn schools, the library or the village post office. The closing date for entries is March 31.