You shall go to the ball – and it’s all for a good cause
THE long-awaited midsummer ball is coming to Buntingford and tickets are already selling fast. Not since the time of the Commemoration Ball in the early days of the then Ward Freman School and the civic society s ball, has the town had a dance on this sca
THE long-awaited midsummer ball is coming to Buntingford and tickets are already selling fast.
Not since the time of the Commemoration Ball in the early days of the then Ward Freman School and the civic society's ball, has the town had a dance on this scale.
Marion Ling, one of the organisers said: "I think that because there has not been a ball for such a long time that people are really looking forward to it."
The ball, which will be called Light up with Love, will include a four-course buffet meal and a live band that will play music from the 60s and 70s, ballroom music, and more recent hits.
You may also want to watch:
The event will also raise funds for the Isabel Hospice's 25th anniversary, as well as money for extra lights at Christmas.
Organisers are hoping to extend the lights from Market Hill to the fire station.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Marion said: " The Isabel Hospice is not part of the NHS, and receives only a comparatively small part of its funding from the NHS.
"Every penny will count. In order to keep up their high quality care, they must raise more than £3,000,000 annually, and the ball will help contribute to this.
"The tickets are already selling fast, and people are looking forward to putting on their posh frocks and suits."
The Buntingford Midsummer Ball will take place on Saturday, June 30, at Freman College at 6.15pm.
n For more information contact Marion Ling on 01763 272368 or Jean Cook on 01763 271495.
Ticket order forms are available from John Warren at TCMT, The Manor House, Buntingford.
He can be contacted on 01763 274743.