World Book day celebrated at a Royston school
CLASSIC characters from children s literature came alive at a Royston school last week. Tannery Drift first school celebrated World Book Day by asking pupils and staff to come in dressed up as a character from their favourite book Tracy Stressing, who cam
CLASSIC characters from children's literature came alive at a Royston school last week.
Tannery Drift first school celebrated World Book Day by asking pupils and staff to come in dressed up as a character from their favourite book
Tracy Stressing, who came as Mrs Tiggy Winkle, said: "It was lovely to see all the children coming to life as people, animals, characters they have read about.
"This is a great way to get children reading," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Characters represented included Harry Potter, the Gruffalo, and Snow White.
Each child was also given a �1 book token.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well