World Book day celebrated at a Royston school
CLASSIC characters from children s literature came alive at a Royston school last week. Tannery Drift first school celebrated World Book Day by asking pupils and staff to come in dressed up as a character from their favourite book Tracy Stressing, who cam
CLASSIC characters from children's literature came alive at a Royston school last week.
Tannery Drift first school celebrated World Book Day by asking pupils and staff to come in dressed up as a character from their favourite book
Tracy Stressing, who came as Mrs Tiggy Winkle, said: "It was lovely to see all the children coming to life as people, animals, characters they have read about.
"This is a great way to get children reading," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Characters represented included Harry Potter, the Gruffalo, and Snow White.
Each child was also given a �1 book token.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy