World Book day celebrated at a Royston school
CLASSIC characters from children s literature came alive at a Royston school last week. Tannery Drift first school celebrated World Book Day by asking pupils and staff to come in dressed up as a character from their favourite book Tracy Stressing, who cam
CLASSIC characters from children's literature came alive at a Royston school last week.
Tannery Drift first school celebrated World Book Day by asking pupils and staff to come in dressed up as a character from their favourite book
Tracy Stressing, who came as Mrs Tiggy Winkle, said: "It was lovely to see all the children coming to life as people, animals, characters they have read about.
"This is a great way to get children reading," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Characters represented included Harry Potter, the Gruffalo, and Snow White.
Each child was also given a �1 book token.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity