World Book day celebrated at a Royston school
CLASSIC characters from children s literature came alive at a Royston school last week. Tannery Drift first school celebrated World Book Day by asking pupils and staff to come in dressed up as a character from their favourite book Tracy Stressing, who cam
CLASSIC characters from children's literature came alive at a Royston school last week.
Tannery Drift first school celebrated World Book Day by asking pupils and staff to come in dressed up as a character from their favourite book
Tracy Stressing, who came as Mrs Tiggy Winkle, said: "It was lovely to see all the children coming to life as people, animals, characters they have read about.
"This is a great way to get children reading," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Characters represented included Harry Potter, the Gruffalo, and Snow White.
Each child was also given a �1 book token.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter