Working for Royston community group set for inaugural meeting
- Credit: Archant
A new community group is to have its inaugural meeting in Royston tomorrow, and those passionate about the town are invited to go along.
Sally Webster has co-founded the Working for Royston group with Carol Stanier to bring people together and help tackle some of the town’s current issues.
She said: “We are a non-political community group working on behalf of Royston to improve communication about important developments.
“Updates will be provided about the A505, hospital site, train scheduling, public conveniences, the high street and other current issues.
“Councillors and local businesses are all invited to join members of the public for a cordial discussion. All are welcome from Royston and surrounding villages.
“This is a chance for everyone to find out what is happening in our lovely little town and to work towards making it even better.
“Also, for the public to have their say on what matters to them. We’re hoping to keep this meeting positive and constructive, as we are all working towards the same goal.”
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
The meeting is from 8pm tomorrow at The Old Bull Inn in High Street.