Working for Royston community group set for inaugural meeting
- Credit: Archant
A new community group is to have its inaugural meeting in Royston tomorrow, and those passionate about the town are invited to go along.
Sally Webster has co-founded the Working for Royston group with Carol Stanier to bring people together and help tackle some of the town’s current issues.
She said: “We are a non-political community group working on behalf of Royston to improve communication about important developments.
“Updates will be provided about the A505, hospital site, train scheduling, public conveniences, the high street and other current issues.
“Councillors and local businesses are all invited to join members of the public for a cordial discussion. All are welcome from Royston and surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a chance for everyone to find out what is happening in our lovely little town and to work towards making it even better.
“Also, for the public to have their say on what matters to them. We’re hoping to keep this meeting positive and constructive, as we are all working towards the same goal.”
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
The meeting is from 8pm tomorrow at The Old Bull Inn in High Street.