Working for Royston community group set for inaugural meeting
- Credit: Archant
A new community group is to have its inaugural meeting in Royston tomorrow, and those passionate about the town are invited to go along.
Sally Webster has co-founded the Working for Royston group with Carol Stanier to bring people together and help tackle some of the town’s current issues.
She said: “We are a non-political community group working on behalf of Royston to improve communication about important developments.
“Updates will be provided about the A505, hospital site, train scheduling, public conveniences, the high street and other current issues.
“Councillors and local businesses are all invited to join members of the public for a cordial discussion. All are welcome from Royston and surrounding villages.
“This is a chance for everyone to find out what is happening in our lovely little town and to work towards making it even better.
“Also, for the public to have their say on what matters to them. We’re hoping to keep this meeting positive and constructive, as we are all working towards the same goal.”
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
The meeting is from 8pm tomorrow at The Old Bull Inn in High Street.