Working for Royston community group set for inaugural meeting
- Credit: Archant
A new community group is to have its inaugural meeting in Royston tomorrow, and those passionate about the town are invited to go along.
Sally Webster has co-founded the Working for Royston group with Carol Stanier to bring people together and help tackle some of the town’s current issues.
She said: “We are a non-political community group working on behalf of Royston to improve communication about important developments.
“Updates will be provided about the A505, hospital site, train scheduling, public conveniences, the high street and other current issues.
“Councillors and local businesses are all invited to join members of the public for a cordial discussion. All are welcome from Royston and surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a chance for everyone to find out what is happening in our lovely little town and to work towards making it even better.
“Also, for the public to have their say on what matters to them. We’re hoping to keep this meeting positive and constructive, as we are all working towards the same goal.”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The meeting is from 8pm tomorrow at The Old Bull Inn in High Street.