Work starts on hall
WORK has begun on a new community hall in Melbourn. The building, behind All Saints Church, will be replacing the church s former hall which was a 1960s prefab building. The new £200,000 hall will have insulation and disabled access and will benefit group
WORK has begun on a new community hall in Melbourn.
The building, behind All Saints Church, will be replacing the church's former hall which was a 1960s prefab building.
The new £200,000 hall will have insulation and disabled access and will benefit groups and organisations including All Saints Playgroup, which will move from the sports pavilion.
The project has taken 10 years to get off the ground, but £80,000 still needs to be raised to finish the project.
You may also want to watch:
Fund-raising events planned include a dinner at Sheene Mill and a flower festival at the church, in celebration of winter on Feb 3/4 from 11am-4pm.
Vicar The Rev Andrew O'Brien said: "This new community hall will be a great asset to the village.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
"The first phase of the building should be finished by March but if we don't raise the extra funds I'm not sure what will happen."
Anyone who would like to make a donation should call Mr O'Brien on 01763 260295.
Alternatively you can send donations to him at: The Vicarage, Vicarage Close, Melbourn, SG8 6DY.
Cheques should be made payable to All Saints Community Hall Fund.