Work starts on hall
WORK has begun on a new community hall in Melbourn. The building, behind All Saints Church, will be replacing the church s former hall which was a 1960s prefab building. The new £200,000 hall will have insulation and disabled access and will benefit group
WORK has begun on a new community hall in Melbourn.
The building, behind All Saints Church, will be replacing the church's former hall which was a 1960s prefab building.
The new £200,000 hall will have insulation and disabled access and will benefit groups and organisations including All Saints Playgroup, which will move from the sports pavilion.
The project has taken 10 years to get off the ground, but £80,000 still needs to be raised to finish the project.
You may also want to watch:
Fund-raising events planned include a dinner at Sheene Mill and a flower festival at the church, in celebration of winter on Feb 3/4 from 11am-4pm.
Vicar The Rev Andrew O'Brien said: "This new community hall will be a great asset to the village.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"The first phase of the building should be finished by March but if we don't raise the extra funds I'm not sure what will happen."
Anyone who would like to make a donation should call Mr O'Brien on 01763 260295.
Alternatively you can send donations to him at: The Vicarage, Vicarage Close, Melbourn, SG8 6DY.
Cheques should be made payable to All Saints Community Hall Fund.