Woman threatened at knifepoint in late-night Melbourn burglary
- Credit: Archant
Masked thugs threatened a woman at knifepoint during a late-night burglary in Melbourn.
On Tuesday, at about 11.20pm, three men – one in a balaclava, and two with scarves covering their faces – forced their way into an house in Medcalfe Way and searched the place before stealing a Samsung J3 mobile phone in a pink case.
The first offender is described as a muscular white man, about 5ft 9in tall, and aged in his 20s to early 30s. He spoke with a local accent, wore a grey baseball hat, a black puffa jacket and a black scarf which covered his face.
The second is described as a black man, about 5ft 6in tall and aged in his late 20s, also with a muscular build. He had a very deep voice and spoke in an English accent. He wore a black puffa jacket, a black baseball cap and black scarf which covered his face up to but not over his nose.
The description of the third offender is of a black man, 5ft 6in tall with a muscular build, aged in his early 20s. He wore a black puffa jacket, a black baseball cap and a black balaclava.
One of the men used a knife to demand money from the woman inside the home. No money was taken and she wasn’t injured.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 3 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Royston museum under new management
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 8 £800,000 artificial football pitch opens at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 10 Cycling club rides in memory of former member