Woman threatened at knifepoint in late-night Melbourn burglary
- Credit: Archant
Masked thugs threatened a woman at knifepoint during a late-night burglary in Melbourn.
On Tuesday, at about 11.20pm, three men – one in a balaclava, and two with scarves covering their faces – forced their way into an house in Medcalfe Way and searched the place before stealing a Samsung J3 mobile phone in a pink case.
The first offender is described as a muscular white man, about 5ft 9in tall, and aged in his 20s to early 30s. He spoke with a local accent, wore a grey baseball hat, a black puffa jacket and a black scarf which covered his face.
The second is described as a black man, about 5ft 6in tall and aged in his late 20s, also with a muscular build. He had a very deep voice and spoke in an English accent. He wore a black puffa jacket, a black baseball cap and black scarf which covered his face up to but not over his nose.
The description of the third offender is of a black man, 5ft 6in tall with a muscular build, aged in his early 20s. He wore a black puffa jacket, a black baseball cap and a black balaclava.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men used a knife to demand money from the woman inside the home. No money was taken and she wasn’t injured.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 New president takes over at Rotary Club