Woman taken to hospital after A10 crash between Melbourn and Royston
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after a crash on the A10 which left two vehicles in a ditch.
The three-vehicle crash happened at about 8am this morning on the road heading northbound between Royston and Melbourn.
She was taken to hospital with a serious but not life-threatening injury.
When police arrived, two vehicles were in a ditch and one was in the road.
Both sides of the road were closed and then one lane reopened. At about 9.50am, there was a further minor collision in passing traffic which meant the lane was closed again briefly. Both roads were reopened before 11am.
You may also want to watch:
A witness at the scene, who was heading in the opposite direction at the time, said: “It was a nasty crash. The traffic was tailing back to Royston at about 8.30am. Police were attending a lady that was lying on the roadside. She was then taken away on a stretcher.”
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 6 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks