Woman taken to hospital after A10 crash between Melbourn and Royston
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after a crash on the A10 which left two vehicles in a ditch.
The three-vehicle crash happened at about 8am this morning on the road heading northbound between Royston and Melbourn.
She was taken to hospital with a serious but not life-threatening injury.
When police arrived, two vehicles were in a ditch and one was in the road.
Both sides of the road were closed and then one lane reopened. At about 9.50am, there was a further minor collision in passing traffic which meant the lane was closed again briefly. Both roads were reopened before 11am.
You may also want to watch:
A witness at the scene, who was heading in the opposite direction at the time, said: “It was a nasty crash. The traffic was tailing back to Royston at about 8.30am. Police were attending a lady that was lying on the roadside. She was then taken away on a stretcher.”
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange