Woman taken to hospital after A10 crash between Melbourn and Royston
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after a crash on the A10 which left two vehicles in a ditch.
The three-vehicle crash happened at about 8am this morning on the road heading northbound between Royston and Melbourn.
She was taken to hospital with a serious but not life-threatening injury.
When police arrived, two vehicles were in a ditch and one was in the road.
Both sides of the road were closed and then one lane reopened. At about 9.50am, there was a further minor collision in passing traffic which meant the lane was closed again briefly. Both roads were reopened before 11am.
You may also want to watch:
A witness at the scene, who was heading in the opposite direction at the time, said: “It was a nasty crash. The traffic was tailing back to Royston at about 8.30am. Police were attending a lady that was lying on the roadside. She was then taken away on a stretcher.”
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Missing teen found safe and well
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 8 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result