Woman taken to hospital after A10 crash between Melbourn and Royston
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after a crash on the A10 which left two vehicles in a ditch.
The three-vehicle crash happened at about 8am this morning on the road heading northbound between Royston and Melbourn.
She was taken to hospital with a serious but not life-threatening injury.
When police arrived, two vehicles were in a ditch and one was in the road.
Both sides of the road were closed and then one lane reopened. At about 9.50am, there was a further minor collision in passing traffic which meant the lane was closed again briefly. Both roads were reopened before 11am.
You may also want to watch:
A witness at the scene, who was heading in the opposite direction at the time, said: “It was a nasty crash. The traffic was tailing back to Royston at about 8.30am. Police were attending a lady that was lying on the roadside. She was then taken away on a stretcher.”
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations