Woman suffers ‘potentially life-changing injuries’ in Royston crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered “potentially life-changing injuries” after the mobility scooter she was travelling in crashed with a tractor in Royston yesterday.
The incident happened at about 1.20pm at pedestrian crossing on Priory Lane near to the roundabout joining the A10 and Newmarket Road.
The A10 from Sun Hill to Melbourn Street was closed by police for several hours, and officers are now appealing for witnesses to come forward.
A spokeswoman said: “For reasons unknown at this time, a woman on a mobility scooter was in collision with the rear of a tractor.
“The woman, aged in her 50s, suffered potentially life-changing injuries and was been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further treatment. The driver of the tractor was uninjured.”
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Will Hood, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “We are appealing to anyone who witnessed what happened in the lead up to the collision, the collision itself or its aftermath to please get in contact with us.
“We would also like to speak to any motorists who were in the area at the time stated and have dash cams fitted to their vehicles. You may have captured the incident so we would be very keen to see any footage you may have.
“If you have any information at all, please email me at email@example.com, report online at www.herts.police.uk/Report or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 408 of August 6.”
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe