Woman miraculously survived after this car crashed on the A505 this morning
This is the wrecked car that a woman driver miraculously escaped from with non-life threatening injuries on the A505 between Baldock and Royston this morning. The car left the road near Slip End and struck a number of trees. The road was closed for more t
This is the wrecked car that a woman driver miraculously escaped from with non-life threatening injuries on the A505 between Baldock and Royston this morning.
The car left the road near Slip End and struck a number of trees. The road was closed for more than two hours and now only one lane is opened eastbound between Baldock and Royston.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to the A505 near to the Ashwell junction at 8.08. Ambulance crews from Letchworth attended the scene. An air ambulance was also alerted and attended the incident.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident said: "Fortunately one of our paramedics who was travelling to work came across the collision and gave immediate aid to the trapped casualty. The car was on its side and wrapped around a tree in a wooded area off the road.
You may also want to watch:
"The woman believed to be 22 and from Letchworth was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend