Woman miraculously survived after this car crashed on the A505 this morning
This is the wrecked car that a woman driver miraculously escaped from with non-life threatening injuries on the A505 between Baldock and Royston this morning. The car left the road near Slip End and struck a number of trees. The road was closed for more t
This is the wrecked car that a woman driver miraculously escaped from with non-life threatening injuries on the A505 between Baldock and Royston this morning.
The car left the road near Slip End and struck a number of trees. The road was closed for more than two hours and now only one lane is opened eastbound between Baldock and Royston.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to the A505 near to the Ashwell junction at 8.08. Ambulance crews from Letchworth attended the scene. An air ambulance was also alerted and attended the incident.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident said: "Fortunately one of our paramedics who was travelling to work came across the collision and gave immediate aid to the trapped casualty. The car was on its side and wrapped around a tree in a wooded area off the road.
You may also want to watch:
"The woman believed to be 22 and from Letchworth was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19