Woman killed in three-car collision near Croydon
A WOMAN was killed in a three-car smash near Croydon yesterday. Police are appealing for witnesses after the 60-year old woman, from a village near Royston, was killed after her green Proton car was involved in a collision with a red Kia Picanto and a red
A WOMAN was killed in a three-car smash near Croydon yesterday.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the 60-year old woman, from a village near Royston, was killed after her green Proton car was involved in a collision with a red Kia Picanto and a red Vauxhall Astra.
The incident occurred at 5pm yesterday on the B1042 Lower Road, near the roundabout with the A603 and A1198.
A 23-year old man from Gamlingay and a 22-year old man from Cambridge, who were driving the other two vehicles, both suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Francis Crawford, from Cambridgeshire Police, said: "I would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or saw the vehicles in the moments just before.
"Any information, no matter how small, may help us to find out how this collision occurred," he said.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Paramedics and doctors from emergency medical charity Magpas also attended the scene of the accident, while the road itself was closed for around five hours after the crash while police gathered evidence and the vehicles involved were recovered.
Anyone with information can call Pc Crawford in the roads policing unit on 0345 4564564.