Woman killed in three-car collision near Croydon
A WOMAN was killed in a three-car smash near Croydon yesterday. Police are appealing for witnesses after the 60-year old woman, from a village near Royston, was killed after her green Proton car was involved in a collision with a red Kia Picanto and a red
A WOMAN was killed in a three-car smash near Croydon yesterday.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the 60-year old woman, from a village near Royston, was killed after her green Proton car was involved in a collision with a red Kia Picanto and a red Vauxhall Astra.
The incident occurred at 5pm yesterday on the B1042 Lower Road, near the roundabout with the A603 and A1198.
A 23-year old man from Gamlingay and a 22-year old man from Cambridge, who were driving the other two vehicles, both suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Francis Crawford, from Cambridgeshire Police, said: "I would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or saw the vehicles in the moments just before.
"Any information, no matter how small, may help us to find out how this collision occurred," he said.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
Paramedics and doctors from emergency medical charity Magpas also attended the scene of the accident, while the road itself was closed for around five hours after the crash while police gathered evidence and the vehicles involved were recovered.
Anyone with information can call Pc Crawford in the roads policing unit on 0345 4564564.