Woman in critical condition after accident
A PEDESTRIAN remains in a critical condition in hospital following a collision with a motorcycle in Royston yesterday. The 26-year woman old suffered severe head injuries in the incident, which took place in York Way close to the junction with Old North
A PEDESTRIAN remains in a critical condition in hospital following a collision with a motorcycle in Royston yesterday.
The 26-year woman old suffered severe head injuries in the incident, which took place in York Way close to the junction with Old North Road.
Police were called to the scene at about 5.10pm. It is believed that the motorcycle, being ridden by a 19-year old man, was travelling along York Way past a row of parked cars. The collision is thought to have occurred as the woman stepped off the curb.
The rider and the pedestrian were both taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage. The rider stayed in hospital overnight, but was released earlier today after suffering back injuries.
You may also want to watch:
York Way remained closed for about four hours last night while officers investigated the incident.
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact PC Knapper on 0845 33 00 222, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches