Woman causes chaos in hotel bar
A WOMAN caused chaos in a hotel bar when she smashed glasses and shouted abuse at staff and customers. The 48-year-old from Baldock, who was said to weigh at least 25 stone, was given an £80 fixed penalty notice by police following the incident, which hap
A WOMAN caused chaos in a hotel bar when she smashed glasses and shouted abuse at staff and customers.
The 48-year-old from Baldock, who was said to weigh at least 25 stone, was given an £80 fixed penalty notice by police following the incident, which happened on Saturday at around 7.30pm at the Banyers Hotel, Royston.
A member of staff at the Banyers said: "When she was asked to leave, she started shouting and smashed up a row of glasses. It's caused quite a bit of damage.
"What's really annoying is that she has only been given a fixed penalty notice, despite the damage this incident could have done to the hotel's reputation."
You may also want to watch:
The woman was eventually ejected from the premises by a member of the Banyer's bar staff.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire police said the women was apprehended at another location in Royston at around 9.20pm, and issued with the fixed penalty notice.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The spokesman said: "The type of fixed penalty notice will be dependent on the amount of damage caused.
"In this case it was under £500 worth.
"Any prior convictions or penalties are also taken into consideration.