Woman accused of sexually assaulting girl, 13
A 34-YEAR-old married woman sexually assaulted a teenage girl she had befriended during the summer holidays, it is alleged. Andrea Marriner, now 35, watched lesbian pornography with the 13-year-old girl and told her she loved her more than her husband, a
A 34-YEAR-old married woman sexually assaulted a teenage girl she had befriended during the summer holidays, it is alleged.
Andrea Marriner, now 35, watched lesbian pornography with the 13-year-old girl and told her she loved her more than her husband, a jury at St Albans Crown Court was told.
Ann Evans, prosecuting, said: "She became much too friendly to the extent that she sexually assaulted the girl on two occasions during the summer holidays."
She said that last year Marriner, from Meesden, near Buntingford, and the girl would go out walking dogs or spend time together watching television.
You may also want to watch:
"It seems on one occasion she had watched lesbian porn with the defendant," said Ms Evans.
The jury was told the teenager's mother found Marriner naked from the waist up in her daughter's bedroom. The older woman told her the girl had been giving her a massage.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
Ms Evans said the mother felt the relationship had become too intense and suggested the girl had a break from Marriner.
At the beginning of the new school term the girl confided in her mother that Marriner had been sexually abusing her, it was alleged.
Marriner, of Elm Cottages, Meesden, denied two charges of sexual activity with a child between August 14 and September 14 last year.
When she was interviewed on October 4 last year, she told the police she had been off work with depression.
She said the girl had got a bit obsessed with her and was always phoning her - up to 10 times a day.
The case continues.