Woman accused of sexually assaulting girl, 13
A 34-YEAR-old married woman sexually assaulted a teenage girl she had befriended during the summer holidays, it is alleged. Andrea Marriner, now 35, watched lesbian pornography with the 13-year-old girl and told her she loved her more than her husband, a
A 34-YEAR-old married woman sexually assaulted a teenage girl she had befriended during the summer holidays, it is alleged.
Andrea Marriner, now 35, watched lesbian pornography with the 13-year-old girl and told her she loved her more than her husband, a jury at St Albans Crown Court was told.
Ann Evans, prosecuting, said: "She became much too friendly to the extent that she sexually assaulted the girl on two occasions during the summer holidays."
She said that last year Marriner, from Meesden, near Buntingford, and the girl would go out walking dogs or spend time together watching television.
You may also want to watch:
"It seems on one occasion she had watched lesbian porn with the defendant," said Ms Evans.
The jury was told the teenager's mother found Marriner naked from the waist up in her daughter's bedroom. The older woman told her the girl had been giving her a massage.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Ms Evans said the mother felt the relationship had become too intense and suggested the girl had a break from Marriner.
At the beginning of the new school term the girl confided in her mother that Marriner had been sexually abusing her, it was alleged.
Marriner, of Elm Cottages, Meesden, denied two charges of sexual activity with a child between August 14 and September 14 last year.
When she was interviewed on October 4 last year, she told the police she had been off work with depression.
She said the girl had got a bit obsessed with her and was always phoning her - up to 10 times a day.
The case continues.