Woman, 26, dies after collision
A 26-YEAR old woman involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Royston on Tuesday has died. The woman had been in a critical condition in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after sustaining severe head injuries in the collision in York Way. She died yesterday
A 26-YEAR old woman involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Royston on Tuesday has died.
The woman had been in a critical condition in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after sustaining severe head injuries in the collision in York Way. She died yesterday morning (Thursday).
Floral tributes to the woman, together with an American flag, have been placed at the site of the collision, near the junction of York Way and Old North Road.
Police were called to the incident at 5.10pm on Tuesday. It is believed that the motorcycle, being ridden by a 19-year old man, was travelling along York Way past a row of parked cars. The collision is thought to have occurred as the woman stepped out into the road.
You may also want to watch:
The rider was also taken to hospital, but was released the same day after suffering back injuries.
Police blocked the road for four hours while investigations into the cause of the accident took place.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact PC Knapper on 0845 33 00 222, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.