Woman, 26, dies after collision
A 26-YEAR old woman involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Royston on Tuesday has died. The woman had been in a critical condition in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after sustaining severe head injuries in the collision in York Way. She died yesterday
A 26-YEAR old woman involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Royston on Tuesday has died.
The woman had been in a critical condition in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after sustaining severe head injuries in the collision in York Way. She died yesterday morning (Thursday).
Floral tributes to the woman, together with an American flag, have been placed at the site of the collision, near the junction of York Way and Old North Road.
Police were called to the incident at 5.10pm on Tuesday. It is believed that the motorcycle, being ridden by a 19-year old man, was travelling along York Way past a row of parked cars. The collision is thought to have occurred as the woman stepped out into the road.
The rider was also taken to hospital, but was released the same day after suffering back injuries.
Police blocked the road for four hours while investigations into the cause of the accident took place.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact PC Knapper on 0845 33 00 222, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.