Woman, 26, dies after collision
A 26-YEAR old woman involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Royston on Tuesday has died. The woman had been in a critical condition in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after sustaining severe head injuries in the collision in York Way. She died yesterday
A 26-YEAR old woman involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Royston on Tuesday has died.
The woman had been in a critical condition in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after sustaining severe head injuries in the collision in York Way. She died yesterday morning (Thursday).
Floral tributes to the woman, together with an American flag, have been placed at the site of the collision, near the junction of York Way and Old North Road.
Police were called to the incident at 5.10pm on Tuesday. It is believed that the motorcycle, being ridden by a 19-year old man, was travelling along York Way past a row of parked cars. The collision is thought to have occurred as the woman stepped out into the road.
You may also want to watch:
The rider was also taken to hospital, but was released the same day after suffering back injuries.
Police blocked the road for four hours while investigations into the cause of the accident took place.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact PC Knapper on 0845 33 00 222, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.