Woman, 26, dies after collision
A 26-YEAR old woman involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Royston on Tuesday has died. The woman had been in a critical condition in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after sustaining severe head injuries in the collision in York Way. She died yesterday
A 26-YEAR old woman involved in a collision with a motorcycle in Royston on Tuesday has died.
The woman had been in a critical condition in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after sustaining severe head injuries in the collision in York Way. She died yesterday morning (Thursday).
Floral tributes to the woman, together with an American flag, have been placed at the site of the collision, near the junction of York Way and Old North Road.
Police were called to the incident at 5.10pm on Tuesday. It is believed that the motorcycle, being ridden by a 19-year old man, was travelling along York Way past a row of parked cars. The collision is thought to have occurred as the woman stepped out into the road.
The rider was also taken to hospital, but was released the same day after suffering back injuries.
Police blocked the road for four hours while investigations into the cause of the accident took place.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact PC Knapper on 0845 33 00 222, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.