Wizard of Oz is a sellout success at Greneway Middle School
- Credit: Archant
More than 120 pupils took part in knock out performances of The Wizard of Oz when they took to the stage at The Greneway Middle School in Garden Walk.
The performances – which brought alive the adventures of Dorothy from Kansas as she finds herself in the magical Land of Oz after a fierce whirlwind – were complete sellouts as word got out about the scale and standard of the production.
Mrs Crosby, leader of music at the school, said: “It was a truly fantastic performance from everyone involved.”
Milly Jordan captured the character of Dorothy superbly and hearts melted throughout the audience as she sang Oz classic ‘Over the Rainbow’ with raw emotion.
Mrs Crosby was wowed by the talents of her all-star cast.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Georgie Lane as the Scarecrow showed that she could dance as well as sing, Mackenzie Cramman was a wonderfully sympathetic Tin Man and James Price as the Lion showed real comic timing.
“The chorus sang with energy and enthusiasm and special mention must go to Daisy Brothwell who behaved impeccably as Toto.”
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
The success wasn’t all down to the cast on stage, the Year 8 crew ran the show with real skill and professionalism.
The production meant pupils left at the end of term on a high, as Greneway broke up for the summer holidays today.