Wizard of Oz is a sellout success at Greneway Middle School
- Credit: Archant
More than 120 pupils took part in knock out performances of The Wizard of Oz when they took to the stage at The Greneway Middle School in Garden Walk.
The performances – which brought alive the adventures of Dorothy from Kansas as she finds herself in the magical Land of Oz after a fierce whirlwind – were complete sellouts as word got out about the scale and standard of the production.
Mrs Crosby, leader of music at the school, said: “It was a truly fantastic performance from everyone involved.”
Milly Jordan captured the character of Dorothy superbly and hearts melted throughout the audience as she sang Oz classic ‘Over the Rainbow’ with raw emotion.
Mrs Crosby was wowed by the talents of her all-star cast.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Georgie Lane as the Scarecrow showed that she could dance as well as sing, Mackenzie Cramman was a wonderfully sympathetic Tin Man and James Price as the Lion showed real comic timing.
“The chorus sang with energy and enthusiasm and special mention must go to Daisy Brothwell who behaved impeccably as Toto.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
The success wasn’t all down to the cast on stage, the Year 8 crew ran the show with real skill and professionalism.
The production meant pupils left at the end of term on a high, as Greneway broke up for the summer holidays today.