Witness appeal launched after woman pushed to the floor by would-be robbers in Royston park
- Credit: Archant
A witness appeal has been launched after a woman had her bag grabbed at from behind and was pushed to the floor in a Royston park.
The attempted robbery happened in a park off Newmarket Road between 10pm and 10.30pm on Friday, April 3.
The victim, a 34-year-old woman, was walking in the park near the skate ramps when she heard male voices. Her bag was then grabbed from behind.
The woman managed to hold on to her bag but was then pushed to the floor and sustained minor injuries.
The men then fled empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Nigel Humphrey, who is investigating, said: “Thankfully nothing was taken and the victim was not more seriously injured, however she has been left very shaken by what happened and understandably so.
“I would appeal to anyone who may have been in the area at the time and heard or saw anything suspicious to contact me.”
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Humphrey on 101, quoting crime reference G4/15/232.