Witness appeal launched after woman pushed to the floor by would-be robbers in Royston park
- Credit: Archant
A witness appeal has been launched after a woman had her bag grabbed at from behind and was pushed to the floor in a Royston park.
The attempted robbery happened in a park off Newmarket Road between 10pm and 10.30pm on Friday, April 3.
The victim, a 34-year-old woman, was walking in the park near the skate ramps when she heard male voices. Her bag was then grabbed from behind.
The woman managed to hold on to her bag but was then pushed to the floor and sustained minor injuries.
The men then fled empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Nigel Humphrey, who is investigating, said: “Thankfully nothing was taken and the victim was not more seriously injured, however she has been left very shaken by what happened and understandably so.
“I would appeal to anyone who may have been in the area at the time and heard or saw anything suspicious to contact me.”
- 1 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 9 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Humphrey on 101, quoting crime reference G4/15/232.