Wimpole Estate features in The Beano
- Credit: Archant
A STATELY home will feature alongside Denace the Menace and the Bash Street Kids when it makes its debut in The Beano this week.
Wimpole Estate appears in the comic’s latest issue, released yesterday, as part of an adventure based on the National Trust’s 50 things to do before you’re 11 and three quarters.
It sees 11-year-old Harry Wilson enjoying a bike ride around Wimpole Estate. Harry is one of the National Trust’s Kids’ Council members and its ambassador for riding a bike. The council advises the conservation charity on what matters to children
Chris Hurcomb, General Manager for the Wimpole Estate, said: “It’s great fun to have Wimpole Estate featured in The Beano. You can do loads of the 50 things here, from riding a bike and visiting a farm to picking wild blackberries and making a grass trumpet. We hope the comic encourages lots of kids to pop down with their mums and dads for a day filled with outdoors fun.”
Harry added: “I like going on a really long bike ride because when you go along at high speed the wind goes through your hair and you feel like you have accomplished something. It’s also always great to go really fast. I like cycling on National Trust cycle paths because there aren’t many people or cars to bump into.”
You may also want to watch:
The 50 things to do before you’re 11 and three quarters campaign was launched last year by the National Trust in a bid to encourage more children to play outdoors. The list was recently updated following feedback from children taking part, and includes a top ten list of activities. For more details log on to www.50things.org.uk.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17