Wimpole Estate features in The Beano
- Credit: Archant
A STATELY home will feature alongside Denace the Menace and the Bash Street Kids when it makes its debut in The Beano this week.
Wimpole Estate appears in the comic’s latest issue, released yesterday, as part of an adventure based on the National Trust’s 50 things to do before you’re 11 and three quarters.
It sees 11-year-old Harry Wilson enjoying a bike ride around Wimpole Estate. Harry is one of the National Trust’s Kids’ Council members and its ambassador for riding a bike. The council advises the conservation charity on what matters to children
Chris Hurcomb, General Manager for the Wimpole Estate, said: “It’s great fun to have Wimpole Estate featured in The Beano. You can do loads of the 50 things here, from riding a bike and visiting a farm to picking wild blackberries and making a grass trumpet. We hope the comic encourages lots of kids to pop down with their mums and dads for a day filled with outdoors fun.”
Harry added: “I like going on a really long bike ride because when you go along at high speed the wind goes through your hair and you feel like you have accomplished something. It’s also always great to go really fast. I like cycling on National Trust cycle paths because there aren’t many people or cars to bump into.”
You may also want to watch:
The 50 things to do before you’re 11 and three quarters campaign was launched last year by the National Trust in a bid to encourage more children to play outdoors. The list was recently updated following feedback from children taking part, and includes a top ten list of activities. For more details log on to www.50things.org.uk.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation