Why not resolve to be a Hall helper and join National Trust team at Wimpole in new year?
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
The team at Wimpole Hall are gearing up for another busy year, and there are lots of ways for you to be involved in making sure this local landmark offers a welcoming day out for all the family.
The Wimpole Estate with its gardens, impressive mansion and Home Farm is a National Trust property which relies on a valued army of volunteers to make sure everything runs smoothly and visitors receive a warm welcome.
Visitor welcome volunteers greet visitors, give them information, deal with ticket sales and make sure they enjoy their day.
Visitor experience volunteers champion one of the National Trust’s key messages campaign by helping people make the most of the great outdoors through Wimpole’s range of education activities.
You may also want to watch:
As a garden guide you could be trained to provide an exceptional visitor experience through the interpretation of the garden, or why not become a plant sales volunteer and assist in the care of the plant stock and the display of new plants for sale.
Tractor ride conductors are an essential part of operating Wimpole’s tractor shuttle service between the stable block and Home Farm and Farm Volunteers (weekends only) and farm guides are part of the team, too.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
And if you have skills in website management and use of social media tools you could be a social and digital media volunteer. In this role you will be able to raise the profile of the property, advertise events, and develop stronger links with the local community.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk