Why not resolve to be a Hall helper and join National Trust team at Wimpole in new year?
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
The team at Wimpole Hall are gearing up for another busy year, and there are lots of ways for you to be involved in making sure this local landmark offers a welcoming day out for all the family.
The Wimpole Estate with its gardens, impressive mansion and Home Farm is a National Trust property which relies on a valued army of volunteers to make sure everything runs smoothly and visitors receive a warm welcome.
Visitor welcome volunteers greet visitors, give them information, deal with ticket sales and make sure they enjoy their day.
Visitor experience volunteers champion one of the National Trust’s key messages campaign by helping people make the most of the great outdoors through Wimpole’s range of education activities.
As a garden guide you could be trained to provide an exceptional visitor experience through the interpretation of the garden, or why not become a plant sales volunteer and assist in the care of the plant stock and the display of new plants for sale.
Tractor ride conductors are an essential part of operating Wimpole’s tractor shuttle service between the stable block and Home Farm and Farm Volunteers (weekends only) and farm guides are part of the team, too.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 3 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Sex offender Macaulay Brown jailed for over 11 years
- 7 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Dallas legend Patrick Duffy set for mystery thriller coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
And if you have skills in website management and use of social media tools you could be a social and digital media volunteer. In this role you will be able to raise the profile of the property, advertise events, and develop stronger links with the local community.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk