Wheel smart solution
A NEW project for young people in North Hertfordshire has been set up by Scooter and Cycle Transport Solutions (SCooTS). The pioneering project has been designed to help youngsters become more mobile and is the first of its kind in the county. SCooTS who
A NEW project for young people in North Hertfordshire has been set up by Scooter and Cycle Transport Solutions (SCooTS).
The pioneering project has been designed to help youngsters become more mobile and is the first of its kind in the county.
SCooTS who are in partnership with both the North Hertfordshire District Council and Hertfordshire County Council provide 50cc scooters and cycles on loan so young people can get to work, college or to training courses.
They will also provide users with essential equipment and safety training, as well as regular safety checks and continuous support.
You may also want to watch:
Project Co-ordinator Kevin Green said: "Transport barriers can be a major obstacle for the young people of our county and overcoming these obstacles can make a real and positive difference to both their opportunities and future."
SCooTS work with 16 to 25-year-olds who live in the rural areas of North Herts and who have no alternative means of transport.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
For further information on SCooTS contact Kevin Green on 01707 695 513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org