Wheel smart solution
A NEW project for young people in North Hertfordshire has been set up by Scooter and Cycle Transport Solutions (SCooTS). The pioneering project has been designed to help youngsters become more mobile and is the first of its kind in the county. SCooTS who
A NEW project for young people in North Hertfordshire has been set up by Scooter and Cycle Transport Solutions (SCooTS).
The pioneering project has been designed to help youngsters become more mobile and is the first of its kind in the county.
SCooTS who are in partnership with both the North Hertfordshire District Council and Hertfordshire County Council provide 50cc scooters and cycles on loan so young people can get to work, college or to training courses.
They will also provide users with essential equipment and safety training, as well as regular safety checks and continuous support.
You may also want to watch:
Project Co-ordinator Kevin Green said: "Transport barriers can be a major obstacle for the young people of our county and overcoming these obstacles can make a real and positive difference to both their opportunities and future."
SCooTS work with 16 to 25-year-olds who live in the rural areas of North Herts and who have no alternative means of transport.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 7 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
For further information on SCooTS contact Kevin Green on 01707 695 513 or email email@example.com