What’s on: Half term in Royston and surrounding villages
- Credit: Archant
There is lots going on in Royston and the surrounding villages to keep your youngsters busy all half term long.
Shepreth Wildlife Park is hosting all sorts of spooky Halloween fun from October 22 to 30, with creepy creatures crawling through the undergrowth in the Discovery Centre, or if you’re feeling creative, why not carve out your very own creepy pumpkin with scary witches.
For more go to sheprethwildlifepark.co.uk/event/halloween-week.
At IWM Duxford, families have the chance to step inside the iconic Avro Lancaster Bomber and discover how it played a major role in the Second World War.
Renowned for its role in the legendary Dambuster raids, the Lancaster is one of the most instantly recognisable bombers produced during the Second World War. Families can get hands-on with history, hear fascinating talks and explore the cramped interior crews worked in when completing their missions.
Go to www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford for more information.
The Razzamatazz Robots Half-Term Holiday Club is on at the Royston Methodist Church on Tuesday to Thursday, October 24 to 26.
You may also want to watch:
The club is led by John Hardwick, with games, crafts, songs, stories and lots more for children aged four to 11 – admission is free.
Contact Gill Grainger on 01763 242682 for more.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
On Thursday, October 26, at Royston’s district museum from 10.30am to 12 noon, there’s autumnal crafty fun where youngsters can make leaf sun catchers, leaf crowns, mini trees and more.
Also at the museum on Saturday, October 28, there’s a storytime session with Alex Jones.
There’s no need to book in advance for these activities, which cost £3 per child.
Go to www.roystonmuseum.org.uk for more.
Further afield, at Cambridge Junction, time-travelling magicians Morgan & West perform new show More Magic for Kids!
The pair, who appeared on ITV’s The Next Great Magician, put on a show which they say will “keep you gasping, laughing, and applauding from beginning to end.”
It’s on Thursday, October 26, at 11.30am and 2.30pm and the following day at 2.30pm.
Go to www.junction.co.uk for tickets.