What a knockout! Teams pack punch
MORE than £6,000 was raised for the Anthony Nolan Trust when the It s A Knockout Challenge returned to Therfield Heath on Sunday. Twenty-three teams took part in a range of inflatable challenges which raised money to help the work of finding donors for pa
MORE than £6,000 was raised for the Anthony Nolan Trust when the It's A Knockout Challenge returned to Therfield Heath on Sunday.
Twenty-three teams took part in a range of inflatable challenges which raised money to help the work of finding donors for patients in need of bone marrow transplants.
Organiser Christine Brown said: "It was a fantastic success, and we feel next year will be even bigger and better.
"It was a great family fun day. There was something for everyone - from children's rides to a beer festival.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank all the local businesses who supported the event."
The money raised will enable the charity to register more donors, which costs £70 each.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
"For every donor we get, it's the chance of life for someone waiting for a transplant," Christine said.
n The Rat Pack were the overall adult winners, while The Datchworth Jokers were the overall junior games winners.
The Naughty Nurses won the adult team game, and the Knockout Kings won the junior team game.