What a knockout! Teams pack punch
MORE than £6,000 was raised for the Anthony Nolan Trust when the It s A Knockout Challenge returned to Therfield Heath on Sunday. Twenty-three teams took part in a range of inflatable challenges which raised money to help the work of finding donors for pa
MORE than £6,000 was raised for the Anthony Nolan Trust when the It's A Knockout Challenge returned to Therfield Heath on Sunday.
Twenty-three teams took part in a range of inflatable challenges which raised money to help the work of finding donors for patients in need of bone marrow transplants.
Organiser Christine Brown said: "It was a fantastic success, and we feel next year will be even bigger and better.
"It was a great family fun day. There was something for everyone - from children's rides to a beer festival.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank all the local businesses who supported the event."
The money raised will enable the charity to register more donors, which costs £70 each.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
"For every donor we get, it's the chance of life for someone waiting for a transplant," Christine said.
n The Rat Pack were the overall adult winners, while The Datchworth Jokers were the overall junior games winners.
The Naughty Nurses won the adult team game, and the Knockout Kings won the junior team game.