Wet weather forces the cancellation of Cambs County Show
It is with huge regret that the recent exceptional rainfall has forced the cancellation of the 2012 event due to be hosted at Wimpole Home Farm this Sunday, 10th June 2012.
Working closely with Richard Morris, Farm Manager for the National Trust at Wimpole Estate, the Show Committee has been monitoring the situation carefully.
Stephen Eayrs, Show Chairman said ‘The safety of our visitors and exhibitors and the protection of the Farm with its cropping and livestock schemes, are of paramount importance and with the ground already waterlogged and more rain forecast for the next few days the decision to cancel the event is the most responsible way forward.’
Richard Morris added ‘It’s very disappointing to reach this conclusion, our priority must always be to protect our Parkland and wider Estate but also when ground is waterlogged as it is today its unpleasant at best and dangerous at worst for the staff, volunteers and visitors to the show’
The Show Committee appreciate that visitors and exhibitors will be disappointed but look forward to welcoming everyone to the 2013 event to be held at Wimpole Home Farm on Sunday, 2nd June 2013.
You may also want to watch:
For more information please telephone:
Stephen Eayrs, County Show Chairman on 07802 667633 or Kim Bullen, County Organiser on 01480 830907 or visit the County Show website www.cambscountyshow.co.uk
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 8 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight