Wet weather forces the cancellation of Cambs County Show
It is with huge regret that the recent exceptional rainfall has forced the cancellation of the 2012 event due to be hosted at Wimpole Home Farm this Sunday, 10th June 2012.
Working closely with Richard Morris, Farm Manager for the National Trust at Wimpole Estate, the Show Committee has been monitoring the situation carefully.
Stephen Eayrs, Show Chairman said ‘The safety of our visitors and exhibitors and the protection of the Farm with its cropping and livestock schemes, are of paramount importance and with the ground already waterlogged and more rain forecast for the next few days the decision to cancel the event is the most responsible way forward.’
Richard Morris added ‘It’s very disappointing to reach this conclusion, our priority must always be to protect our Parkland and wider Estate but also when ground is waterlogged as it is today its unpleasant at best and dangerous at worst for the staff, volunteers and visitors to the show’
The Show Committee appreciate that visitors and exhibitors will be disappointed but look forward to welcoming everyone to the 2013 event to be held at Wimpole Home Farm on Sunday, 2nd June 2013.
You may also want to watch:
For more information please telephone:
Stephen Eayrs, County Show Chairman on 07802 667633 or Kim Bullen, County Organiser on 01480 830907 or visit the County Show website www.cambscountyshow.co.uk
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash