Wet weather forces the cancellation of Cambs County Show
It is with huge regret that the recent exceptional rainfall has forced the cancellation of the 2012 event due to be hosted at Wimpole Home Farm this Sunday, 10th June 2012.
Working closely with Richard Morris, Farm Manager for the National Trust at Wimpole Estate, the Show Committee has been monitoring the situation carefully.
Stephen Eayrs, Show Chairman said ‘The safety of our visitors and exhibitors and the protection of the Farm with its cropping and livestock schemes, are of paramount importance and with the ground already waterlogged and more rain forecast for the next few days the decision to cancel the event is the most responsible way forward.’
Richard Morris added ‘It’s very disappointing to reach this conclusion, our priority must always be to protect our Parkland and wider Estate but also when ground is waterlogged as it is today its unpleasant at best and dangerous at worst for the staff, volunteers and visitors to the show’
The Show Committee appreciate that visitors and exhibitors will be disappointed but look forward to welcoming everyone to the 2013 event to be held at Wimpole Home Farm on Sunday, 2nd June 2013.
You may also want to watch:
For more information please telephone:
Stephen Eayrs, County Show Chairman on 07802 667633 or Kim Bullen, County Organiser on 01480 830907 or visit the County Show website www.cambscountyshow.co.uk
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis