IT s all become rather embarrassing. A town centre map on the Royston Town Centre Forum website is of Stanford – in the UNITED STATES. Town centre manager Geraint Burnell said there had been a technical problem . He said that the a map of the town centre
IT's all become rather embarrassing.
A town centre map on the Royston Town Centre Forum website is of Stanford - in the UNITED STATES.
Town centre manager Geraint Burnell said there had been a "technical problem".
He said that the a map of the town centre had disappeared about three weeks ago and then replaced by the one showing the vicinity of Stanford University.
"The company doing the website is working on it and attempting to get to the root of the problem."
Mr Burnell continued: "Unfortunately, with on-line material the embarrassment is right out there for everyone to see."
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
He described the problem as "a bit of clever technology that has gone wrong".
The website, he said, was probably picking up the wrong co-ordinates which resulted in the map appearing.
"The website worked for three years without a problem and suddenly it's not working.
"The town centre map was as accurate as it could be, but it wasn't several thousands of miles out," he said.
Mr Burnell said he was still not aware about the time it would take to "repair" the website.
"We've been trying for three weeks," he added. "We hope to have normal service resumed soon.