Yellow weather warning for very strong winds across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Google Streetview
The Met Office is warning of possible disruption to power supply and transport in a wind warning affecting Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, Harpenden, Stevenage, Hitchin, Potters Bar, Royston and beyond.
Between tonight (Wednesday, February 6) and 6pm on Saturday, weather forecasters have told us to expect spells of very strong winds.
They will gust across the south of England and Wales at night time on Wednesday and Thursday, and in the afternoons on Friday and Saturday.
The Met Office says that we can expect likely delays on road, air, rail and ferry transport and particular issues for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
There is also the possibility of short term power outages.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures will stay between 6°C and 10°C, but may feel colder, and there is also a very high chance of heavy rain tonight and on Friday afternoon.
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now