Yellow weather warning for very strong winds across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Google Streetview
The Met Office is warning of possible disruption to power supply and transport in a wind warning affecting Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, Harpenden, Stevenage, Hitchin, Potters Bar, Royston and beyond.
Between tonight (Wednesday, February 6) and 6pm on Saturday, weather forecasters have told us to expect spells of very strong winds.
They will gust across the south of England and Wales at night time on Wednesday and Thursday, and in the afternoons on Friday and Saturday.
The Met Office says that we can expect likely delays on road, air, rail and ferry transport and particular issues for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
There is also the possibility of short term power outages.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures will stay between 6°C and 10°C, but may feel colder, and there is also a very high chance of heavy rain tonight and on Friday afternoon.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'