Yellow weather warning for very strong winds across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Google Streetview
The Met Office is warning of possible disruption to power supply and transport in a wind warning affecting Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, Harpenden, Stevenage, Hitchin, Potters Bar, Royston and beyond.
Between tonight (Wednesday, February 6) and 6pm on Saturday, weather forecasters have told us to expect spells of very strong winds.
They will gust across the south of England and Wales at night time on Wednesday and Thursday, and in the afternoons on Friday and Saturday.
The Met Office says that we can expect likely delays on road, air, rail and ferry transport and particular issues for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
There is also the possibility of short term power outages.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures will stay between 6°C and 10°C, but may feel colder, and there is also a very high chance of heavy rain tonight and on Friday afternoon.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash