Weather warning issued for rain and thunderstorms on Thursday
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A yellow weather warning has been issued for rain and thunderstorms for St Albans district, Welwyn Hatfield, north Herts and south Bedfordshire.
The Met Office has warned thunderstorms are expected to move into southern and eastern parts of England during Thursday morning, with further heavy showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening.
There is the potential for 30-40mm of rain to fall in an hour and perhaps as much as 60-80mm in two to three hours.
Lightning and large hail stones are also possible.
If you have dramatic pictures of the weather, send them with some details of where and when the photo was taken to: • firstname.lastname@example.org for Welwyn Hatfield or Potters Bar
You may also want to watch:
• email@example.com for St Albans district or Radlett
• firstname.lastname@example.org for Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth & Baldock, and Biggleswade, Sandy & Potton or the surrounding North Herts and Central Beds villages.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 9 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 10 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
• email@example.com for Royston or surrounding villages