Weather warning issued for rain and thunderstorms on Thursday
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A yellow weather warning has been issued for rain and thunderstorms for St Albans district, Welwyn Hatfield, north Herts and south Bedfordshire.
The Met Office has warned thunderstorms are expected to move into southern and eastern parts of England during Thursday morning, with further heavy showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening.
There is the potential for 30-40mm of rain to fall in an hour and perhaps as much as 60-80mm in two to three hours.
Lightning and large hail stones are also possible.
If you have dramatic pictures of the weather, send them with some details of where and when the photo was taken to: • email@example.com for Welwyn Hatfield or Potters Bar
You may also want to watch:
• firstname.lastname@example.org for St Albans district or Radlett
• email@example.com for Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth & Baldock, and Biggleswade, Sandy & Potton or the surrounding North Herts and Central Beds villages.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
• firstname.lastname@example.org for Royston or surrounding villages