Weather forecast: Warning of snow and ice for Royston and South Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for snow and ice tomorrow across a wide area, which includes Royston and South Cambridgeshire.
Temperatures could fall to -2°C or -3°C, with a 50-60 per cent chance of snow in and around Royston between 3am and 8am, and from 7pm onwards.
The forecast for South Cambs is similar, with the chance of snow varying between 50 and 70 per cent from 4am and 8am, and again from 7pm onwards.
The warning is in place from first thing tomorrow morning and throughout the day, and extends into Sunday too.
There is also an amber warning for heavy snow and ice further south – including central London – and covering parts of Essex and Kent.
You may also want to watch:
On its website, the Met Office has said: “A band of rain will turn more widely to snow early Saturday morning followed by scattered snow showers through the remainder of the day. These showers may become more prolonged, particularly during the evening.
“Any melting of lying snow will lead to an ice risk on untreated surfaces on Saturday morning and night.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
“Travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel is possible.
“Some rural communities could become cut off and power cuts may occur. Some injuries from slips and falls are possible on icy surfaces.”