Weather does not rain on Royston Fun Run’s parade
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON’S Fun Run finally beat the elements last week, attracting over 100 runners to Therfield Heath.
The race was originally scheduled for March 24, but organisers Royston Runners had to cancel it due to the weather conditions.
However, it went ahead as planned last week, with 123 people tackling the 3km course.
Race director Maurice Hill said: “I’m really pleased that so many people were able to make the race two weeks after the initial date, and once again it shows that this is a real community event.”
All the category finishers, ranging from pre-school children up to students in year group 9-10, were presented with their trophies by the mayor of Royston, Cllr Lindsey Davidson.
You may also want to watch:
Fastest male overall was Jamie O’Connor, from the Meridian School team, who clocked a time of 12 mins 10 secs. The quickest women was Charlotte Conn, of Greneway Middle School, who completed the course in 13 mins 56 secs.
A full list of results can be found by logging on our website.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash