Weather does not rain on Royston Fun Run’s parade
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON’S Fun Run finally beat the elements last week, attracting over 100 runners to Therfield Heath.
The race was originally scheduled for March 24, but organisers Royston Runners had to cancel it due to the weather conditions.
However, it went ahead as planned last week, with 123 people tackling the 3km course.
Race director Maurice Hill said: “I’m really pleased that so many people were able to make the race two weeks after the initial date, and once again it shows that this is a real community event.”
All the category finishers, ranging from pre-school children up to students in year group 9-10, were presented with their trophies by the mayor of Royston, Cllr Lindsey Davidson.
You may also want to watch:
Fastest male overall was Jamie O’Connor, from the Meridian School team, who clocked a time of 12 mins 10 secs. The quickest women was Charlotte Conn, of Greneway Middle School, who completed the course in 13 mins 56 secs.
A full list of results can be found by logging on our website.
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 'It's one of the best gigs to do' - Troublemaker star Olly Murs looks ahead to his Newmarket Nights concert