Met Office forecasts snow in Hertfordshire this week
- Credit: Archant
Just as many of us have got used to the bright sunshine and warm temperatures it looks as if the Great British weather may take another turn.
The Met Office have forecast that this week (March 28-April 3) that the East of England will see snow.
The East of England covers Hertfordshire including Stevenage, St Albans, Harpenden, Letchworth Garden City, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Royston.
The Met Office said: "Cloudy for most, with outbreaks of rain moving slowly southwards.
"Perhaps brighter in the south. Rain turning to snow in places later. Feeling much colder than recently. Maximum temperature 7 °C.
"From Thursday to Saturday: Rain and snow clearing south at first, followed by sunny spells and wintry showers, most frequent near the coasts.
"Windy on Thursday. Cold, with widespread frosts overnight."
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 Fast and frenetic racing as Cycle Club Ashwell shine at grass track cycling meet
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
Current forecasts for today (March 29) and tomorrow (March 30) show a mix of overcast clouds and light rain.