Yellow weather warning for Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for Stevenage and surrounding areas this Friday, including Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Biggleswade and Royston.
The Met Office is warning of thunderstorms between 2pm and midnight on Friday.
Stevenage can expect highs of 25°C and lows of 16°C on Friday.
The Met Office states for Friday: “Variable cloud with sunny spells.
“Generally warm or very warm, locally hot on Friday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Risk of isolated heavy thunderstorms on Friday, and few showers on Saturday.”
This evening and overnight will be dry with light winds, leading to a humid night.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
The Met Office predicts a minimum temperature of 17°C tonight in Stevenage.
Tomorrow (Thursday), is expected to be mainly dry with a maximum temperature 26°C.