Yellow weather warning for Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for Stevenage and surrounding areas this Friday, including Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Biggleswade and Royston.
The Met Office is warning of thunderstorms between 2pm and midnight on Friday.
Stevenage can expect highs of 25°C and lows of 16°C on Friday.
The Met Office states for Friday: “Variable cloud with sunny spells.
“Generally warm or very warm, locally hot on Friday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Risk of isolated heavy thunderstorms on Friday, and few showers on Saturday.”
This evening and overnight will be dry with light winds, leading to a humid night.
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
The Met Office predicts a minimum temperature of 17°C tonight in Stevenage.
Tomorrow (Thursday), is expected to be mainly dry with a maximum temperature 26°C.