Yellow weather warning for Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for Stevenage and surrounding areas this Friday, including Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Biggleswade and Royston.
The Met Office is warning of thunderstorms between 2pm and midnight on Friday.
Stevenage can expect highs of 25°C and lows of 16°C on Friday.
The Met Office states for Friday: “Variable cloud with sunny spells.
“Generally warm or very warm, locally hot on Friday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Risk of isolated heavy thunderstorms on Friday, and few showers on Saturday.”
This evening and overnight will be dry with light winds, leading to a humid night.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
The Met Office predicts a minimum temperature of 17°C tonight in Stevenage.
Tomorrow (Thursday), is expected to be mainly dry with a maximum temperature 26°C.