Weather forecast across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for Stevenage and the snow is due to stop soon across Welwyn Hatfield and St Albans.
The Met Office states that Welwyn Hatfield will have heavy snowfall until 2pm today with heavy rain being forecast for the rest of the day.
Across the borough tomorrow no snow is predicted but it is forecast to be cloudy.
Stevenage and surrounding areas
You may also want to watch:
However, Stevenage faces a yellow weather warning today as snow falls.
The Met Office says: “An area of snow is likely to move eastwards across many central and northern parts of the UK on Sunday.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
“The snow is more likely to affect higher routes with lower levels only affected more locally.
“In addition, rain may fall onto frozen surfaces for a time following a very cold night.
“Some roads and railways likely to be affected, with longer journey times by road, bus and train services.
“Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
“Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths.”
Tomorrow across the town there is no snow predicted.
St Albans is predicted to face sleet showers until 2pm with rain expected for the rest of the day.
Tomorrow it is expected to just be a cloudy day.