Weather forecast across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for Stevenage and the snow is due to stop soon across Welwyn Hatfield and St Albans.
The Met Office states that Welwyn Hatfield will have heavy snowfall until 2pm today with heavy rain being forecast for the rest of the day.
Across the borough tomorrow no snow is predicted but it is forecast to be cloudy.
Stevenage and surrounding areas
You may also want to watch:
However, Stevenage faces a yellow weather warning today as snow falls.
The Met Office says: “An area of snow is likely to move eastwards across many central and northern parts of the UK on Sunday.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 9 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 10 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
“The snow is more likely to affect higher routes with lower levels only affected more locally.
“In addition, rain may fall onto frozen surfaces for a time following a very cold night.
“Some roads and railways likely to be affected, with longer journey times by road, bus and train services.
“Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
“Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths.”
Tomorrow across the town there is no snow predicted.
St Albans is predicted to face sleet showers until 2pm with rain expected for the rest of the day.
Tomorrow it is expected to just be a cloudy day.