We will remember them
WAR heroes past and present will be honoured this weekend at Remembrance Day services in Crow Country. The Royal British Legion event, which takes place this Sunday, remembers those who have died in conflicts around the world. In Royston, the Remembrance
WAR heroes past and present will be honoured this weekend at Remembrance Day services in Crow Country.
The Royal British Legion event, which takes place this Sunday, remembers those who have died in conflicts around the world.
In Royston, the Remembrance Day parade will, as usual, depart from the British Legion Club, in Queens Road, at 10.45am, before assembling at the war memorial at Priory Memorial Gardens for a service of remembrance.
Swing band Opus 17 will be performing a selection of big band classics at the British Legion Club after the service.
You may also want to watch:
In Melbourn there will be no parade to the village war memorial this year.
Chairman of the Melbourn and Meldreth branch of the legion, Patrick Parkinson explained: "Due to the retirement of our parade marshall we will no longer be marching to the church and war memorial.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
"We will, however, still assemble at the memorial in the usual manner where standards will be paraded and tributes and wreaths laid."
The Mordens branch of the legion will also be paying their tributes at a series of services throughout Sunday morning.
At 8.30am, a mini service will be held at the Steeple Morden American Airforce memorial, followed by a 9am service at the Odsey memorial, and a 10am date at the Steeple Morden memorial.
The main Mordens event will this year take place in Guilden Morden at 10.45am, with a service being held in the village church.