We will remember them
WAR heroes past and present will be honoured this weekend at Remembrance Day services in Crow Country. The Royal British Legion event, which takes place this Sunday, remembers those who have died in conflicts around the world. In Royston, the Remembrance
WAR heroes past and present will be honoured this weekend at Remembrance Day services in Crow Country.
The Royal British Legion event, which takes place this Sunday, remembers those who have died in conflicts around the world.
In Royston, the Remembrance Day parade will, as usual, depart from the British Legion Club, in Queens Road, at 10.45am, before assembling at the war memorial at Priory Memorial Gardens for a service of remembrance.
Swing band Opus 17 will be performing a selection of big band classics at the British Legion Club after the service.
In Melbourn there will be no parade to the village war memorial this year.
Chairman of the Melbourn and Meldreth branch of the legion, Patrick Parkinson explained: "Due to the retirement of our parade marshall we will no longer be marching to the church and war memorial.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
"We will, however, still assemble at the memorial in the usual manner where standards will be paraded and tributes and wreaths laid."
The Mordens branch of the legion will also be paying their tributes at a series of services throughout Sunday morning.
At 8.30am, a mini service will be held at the Steeple Morden American Airforce memorial, followed by a 9am service at the Odsey memorial, and a 10am date at the Steeple Morden memorial.
The main Mordens event will this year take place in Guilden Morden at 10.45am, with a service being held in the village church.