We’re going ahead
ORGANISERS of this year s revived Royston Arts Festival are adamant that the event is NOT in jeopardy. They issued a brief statement this week saying: Events have been planned for eight months and the festival is now well under way. The statement came a
ORGANISERS of this year's revived Royston Arts Festival are adamant that the event is NOT in jeopardy.
They issued a brief statement this week saying: "Events have been planned for eight months and the festival is now well under way."
The statement came after organisers were shocked last week when a headline in another local newspaper suggested the event could be cancelled.
And they were even more outraged by comments from one councillor, who said that the event was under threat.
You may also want to watch:
"Contrary to the report in a newspaper (not The Crow) that the festival could be scuppered by a funding crisis, we are in fact going strong," said the statement.
One of the organisers told The Crow: "One headline has threatened to jeopardise the whole event."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
It is understood that organisers spent the weekend reassuring people that the four-day festival is not under threat.
Meanwhile, the organisers are still looking for sponsorship for events.
And an application has been submitted to North Herts District Council's Royston area committee for a grant.
- A full programme of the Royston Arts Festival 2007 events will appear in The Crow.