We’re going ahead
ORGANISERS of this year s revived Royston Arts Festival are adamant that the event is NOT in jeopardy. They issued a brief statement this week saying: Events have been planned for eight months and the festival is now well under way. The statement came a
ORGANISERS of this year's revived Royston Arts Festival are adamant that the event is NOT in jeopardy.
They issued a brief statement this week saying: "Events have been planned for eight months and the festival is now well under way."
The statement came after organisers were shocked last week when a headline in another local newspaper suggested the event could be cancelled.
And they were even more outraged by comments from one councillor, who said that the event was under threat.
"Contrary to the report in a newspaper (not The Crow) that the festival could be scuppered by a funding crisis, we are in fact going strong," said the statement.
One of the organisers told The Crow: "One headline has threatened to jeopardise the whole event."
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
It is understood that organisers spent the weekend reassuring people that the four-day festival is not under threat.
Meanwhile, the organisers are still looking for sponsorship for events.
And an application has been submitted to North Herts District Council's Royston area committee for a grant.
- A full programme of the Royston Arts Festival 2007 events will appear in The Crow.