‘We hope to create something different’ – Melbourn’s Winter Flower Festival set to flourish once again
- Credit: Archant
The sixth biannual Melbourn Winter Flower Festival is set to flourish in the village once again this weekend.
The event marks Candlemas at All Saints’ Church at was organised by Rosemary Gatward.
“It is an unusual time of the year to hold a flower festival,” said Rosemary. “And we hope, once again, to create something different and exciting for visitors.
“Over the past few years we have planted snowdrops in our churchyard so they bloom over the festival weekend and adds to the beauty of the event.
“It’s lovely to enter the church on a cold day and be greeted by candles and the scent of flowers, especially when daylight is short.”
You may also want to watch:
Warming refreshments will be served throughout the weekend in the church’s community hall together with a craft stall selling handmade Valentine’s Day and Easter gifts, cards and lots more.
“Please come along and enjoy, what we hope will be, a church full of arrangements to reflect the time of year,” Rosemary added.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
It takes place from 10.30am to 5pm both on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information give Rosemary a call on 01763 261225 or send an email to Rebecca.Gatward@btinternet.com.