‘We hope to create something different’ – Melbourn’s Winter Flower Festival set to flourish once again
- Credit: Archant
The sixth biannual Melbourn Winter Flower Festival is set to flourish in the village once again this weekend.
The event marks Candlemas at All Saints’ Church at was organised by Rosemary Gatward.
“It is an unusual time of the year to hold a flower festival,” said Rosemary. “And we hope, once again, to create something different and exciting for visitors.
“Over the past few years we have planted snowdrops in our churchyard so they bloom over the festival weekend and adds to the beauty of the event.
“It’s lovely to enter the church on a cold day and be greeted by candles and the scent of flowers, especially when daylight is short.”
Warming refreshments will be served throughout the weekend in the church’s community hall together with a craft stall selling handmade Valentine’s Day and Easter gifts, cards and lots more.
“Please come along and enjoy, what we hope will be, a church full of arrangements to reflect the time of year,” Rosemary added.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
It takes place from 10.30am to 5pm both on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information give Rosemary a call on 01763 261225 or send an email to Rebecca.Gatward@btinternet.com.