‘We hope to create something different’ – Melbourn’s Winter Flower Festival set to flourish once again
- Credit: Archant
The sixth biannual Melbourn Winter Flower Festival is set to flourish in the village once again this weekend.
The event marks Candlemas at All Saints’ Church at was organised by Rosemary Gatward.
“It is an unusual time of the year to hold a flower festival,” said Rosemary. “And we hope, once again, to create something different and exciting for visitors.
“Over the past few years we have planted snowdrops in our churchyard so they bloom over the festival weekend and adds to the beauty of the event.
“It’s lovely to enter the church on a cold day and be greeted by candles and the scent of flowers, especially when daylight is short.”
You may also want to watch:
Warming refreshments will be served throughout the weekend in the church’s community hall together with a craft stall selling handmade Valentine’s Day and Easter gifts, cards and lots more.
“Please come along and enjoy, what we hope will be, a church full of arrangements to reflect the time of year,” Rosemary added.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
It takes place from 10.30am to 5pm both on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information give Rosemary a call on 01763 261225 or send an email to Rebecca.Gatward@btinternet.com.