‘We had horse-related music blaring’ – Miranda Hart ‘gallopathon’ on Royston Heath raises hundreds for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
Miranda Hart fans were out in force in Royston at the weekend to gallop a mile in aid of Comic Relief.
Spectators on Royston Heath were treated to quite a spectacle on Saturday afternoon as about 80 gallopers unleashed their inner Miranda and raised more than £500 in the process.
Organiser Vicky Green said: “It was a fantastic day.
“There were plenty of people who dressed up and one man even galloped in a horse’s head!
“We had horse-related music blaring across the Heath such as the theme from Black Beauty and the William Tell Overture.
You may also want to watch:
“It was harder than people thought – though a mile doesn’t seem like a long way, when you are galloping you can really feel it in your calves.
“Having said that, as people finished they were asking if there would be another one next year!”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease