‘We had horse-related music blaring’ – Miranda Hart ‘gallopathon’ on Royston Heath raises hundreds for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
Miranda Hart fans were out in force in Royston at the weekend to gallop a mile in aid of Comic Relief.
Spectators on Royston Heath were treated to quite a spectacle on Saturday afternoon as about 80 gallopers unleashed their inner Miranda and raised more than £500 in the process.
Organiser Vicky Green said: “It was a fantastic day.
“There were plenty of people who dressed up and one man even galloped in a horse’s head!
“We had horse-related music blaring across the Heath such as the theme from Black Beauty and the William Tell Overture.
You may also want to watch:
“It was harder than people thought – though a mile doesn’t seem like a long way, when you are galloping you can really feel it in your calves.
“Having said that, as people finished they were asking if there would be another one next year!”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange