‘We had horse-related music blaring’ – Miranda Hart ‘gallopathon’ on Royston Heath raises hundreds for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
Miranda Hart fans were out in force in Royston at the weekend to gallop a mile in aid of Comic Relief.
Spectators on Royston Heath were treated to quite a spectacle on Saturday afternoon as about 80 gallopers unleashed their inner Miranda and raised more than £500 in the process.
Organiser Vicky Green said: “It was a fantastic day.
“There were plenty of people who dressed up and one man even galloped in a horse’s head!
“We had horse-related music blaring across the Heath such as the theme from Black Beauty and the William Tell Overture.
You may also want to watch:
“It was harder than people thought – though a mile doesn’t seem like a long way, when you are galloping you can really feel it in your calves.
“Having said that, as people finished they were asking if there would be another one next year!”
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs