‘We are utterly heartbroken’ – Parents of Clare Bakhtiar pay tribute after fatal crash on A1198 near Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
The parents of the 38-year-old woman who died in a two-car crash on the A1198 have paid tribute to their ‘brave and independent’ daughter.
Clare Bakhtiar, from Salisbury in Wiltshire, died at the scene following the crash on the stretch of road between Bassingbourn and Royston on Saturday evening.
Nine-year-old Lawrence Carroll from Hertford also died the following morning at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge as a result of injuries sustained in the crash.
In a statement, Clare’s parents said: “We are utterly heartbroken at the loss of our beautiful daughter, Clare.
“She was a brave, independent and unique young woman and a wonderful mother to her son Caleb.
“Her death will be mourned by her numerous friends but none more so than her mother Jane, her father Abbas, her step-father John and Nick, Jenna and Katie, her brother and sisters.
“Our thoughts and prayers are also with the other family involved in the collision, who are also grieving for their precious son.”
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 3 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Royston Scouts raise money to attend jamboree in Korea
- 7 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 8 Reed's National Village Cup hopes ended in nail-biting finale
- 9 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 10 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
Two others were hurt in the crash – a woman in her 40s, who suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries, and 15-year-old boy with minor injuries.
They were both taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where they remain at this time.