‘We are delighted to have won’ – Foxton car dealership recognised for commitment to apprentices at regional awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Foxton car dealership were thrilled to pick up a gong at the East of England National Apprenticeship Awards 2016.
The awards, in their 13th year, are run by the National Apprenticeship Service which recognise firms for their apprentice schemes – and Reed Autos was the winner in the region for the Small Employer of the Year.
The firm’s HR Manager is Charlotte Ingle.
“We are delighted to have won this award and to have been recognised for the work we do with apprenticeships,” she said.
“We truly believe an apprenticeship is beneficial to not only our business but the apprentice, giving qualifications while learning and earning.
“We have had nothing but success with apprentices and we feel this is because we are putting in the time and training, fully committing to the apprentice.
“Thank you to all our team, we couldn’t do what we do without you.”
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 8 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Royston Photographic Society announces latest competition winners
Sue Husband, Director of the National Apprenticeship Service, said: “The National Apprenticeship Awards enable exceptional apprentices and dedicated employers to receive the recognition they richly deserve. Apprenticeships enable people to gain the skills and knowledge they need to succeed – in some cases up to degree level, and for businesses to grow the talent they need.
“Reed Autos has won the Small Employer of the year award for East Anglia and I would like to congratulate them on their achievement.
“Winning this award is greatly deserved.
“There has never been a better time to become an apprentice or employ one.”
To find out more about the National Apprenticeship Awards, go to www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/national-apprenticeship-awards.
For more on Reed Autos go to www.reedautos.com.