Wave of runners to take to Therfield Heath as Royston in Blue returns
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers are getting ready for the Royston in Blue fun run this weekend – and there is still time to grab your racing shoes and take part.
This is the sixth 5km run to take place on Therfield Heath, and organiser Lisa Thompson hopes people will go along to support the cause in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Lisa said: “We start the planning in January, and we are lucky that we have businesses in the town willing to sponsor us every year to make this happen.
“We get a mix of people coming along – runners, walkers, and their families, so it’s always a good day out.”
Last year’s iteration raised £15,500 for the Teenage Cancer Trust, and since 2012 Lisa said they have raised about £100,000 in all.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa would like to thank this year’s sponsors and supporters – which include Banyers House, Curwens, Cross Financial Services, CTC Financial Services, CU Phosco, Enfield Electrical, Johnson Matthey, The Listing, Margaret House, Napp, Royston Picture Palace, Royston Tandoori, Tees Law, UHY Hacker Young, Freman College and Meridian School.
The run on Sunday starts at 11am at the Heath Sports Centre.
Head to www.roystoninblue.co.uk for more information and to download an entry form.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing