Water main in Royston causes long traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced delays yesterday (Thursday) after a water main burst in a town.
Royston’s A10 was massively congested owing to partial closure near the top of Market Hill while the burst main was repaired.
Temporary traffic lights, which were put in place, caused long queues.
An Affinity Water spokesperson said: “We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by a burst on a 4inch main on Barking Street in Royston.
“A road closure with a diversion was put in place to ensure the safety of commuters and our technicians working to fix the main.
You may also want to watch:
“The burst was repaired at 2am this morning (Friday) and our technicians are now working to repair the road. The road closure and diversion will be removed when the work is complete by the end of today.
We would like to thank our customers for their patience whilst we carry out these vital repairs.”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre