Water main in Royston causes long traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced delays yesterday (Thursday) after a water main burst in a town.
Royston’s A10 was massively congested owing to partial closure near the top of Market Hill while the burst main was repaired.
Temporary traffic lights, which were put in place, caused long queues.
An Affinity Water spokesperson said: “We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by a burst on a 4inch main on Barking Street in Royston.
“A road closure with a diversion was put in place to ensure the safety of commuters and our technicians working to fix the main.
You may also want to watch:
“The burst was repaired at 2am this morning (Friday) and our technicians are now working to repair the road. The road closure and diversion will be removed when the work is complete by the end of today.
We would like to thank our customers for their patience whilst we carry out these vital repairs.”
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 8 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 9 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals