Water main in Royston causes long traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced delays yesterday (Thursday) after a water main burst in a town.
Royston’s A10 was massively congested owing to partial closure near the top of Market Hill while the burst main was repaired.
Temporary traffic lights, which were put in place, caused long queues.
An Affinity Water spokesperson said: “We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by a burst on a 4inch main on Barking Street in Royston.
“A road closure with a diversion was put in place to ensure the safety of commuters and our technicians working to fix the main.
“The burst was repaired at 2am this morning (Friday) and our technicians are now working to repair the road. The road closure and diversion will be removed when the work is complete by the end of today.
We would like to thank our customers for their patience whilst we carry out these vital repairs.”
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'