Water main in Royston causes long traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced delays yesterday (Thursday) after a water main burst in a town.
Royston’s A10 was massively congested owing to partial closure near the top of Market Hill while the burst main was repaired.
Temporary traffic lights, which were put in place, caused long queues.
An Affinity Water spokesperson said: “We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by a burst on a 4inch main on Barking Street in Royston.
“A road closure with a diversion was put in place to ensure the safety of commuters and our technicians working to fix the main.
You may also want to watch:
“The burst was repaired at 2am this morning (Friday) and our technicians are now working to repair the road. The road closure and diversion will be removed when the work is complete by the end of today.
We would like to thank our customers for their patience whilst we carry out these vital repairs.”
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 4 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs