Watchdog praise for complaints system
A GOVERNMENT watchdog has praised Cambridgeshire County Council in its dealing with complaints. A report from the Local Government Ombudsman says the county council has a clear complaints procedure and a commendably low rate of re-submission of complain
A GOVERNMENT watchdog has praised Cambridgeshire County Council in its dealing with complaints.
A report from the Local Government Ombudsman says the county council has a clear complaints procedure and a "commendably" low rate of re-submission of complaints.
This shows the county council takes seriously complaints passed on from the ombudsman, says the report.
During a 12-month period the ombudsman received 20 complaints from residents - eight fewer than the previous 12 months.
The ombudsman pointed out, too, that the average response to complaints was 12 days, well within the watchdog's requested response time of 28 days.
This was described in the report as "excellent".
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 5 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 6 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 7 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 8 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 9 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 10 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
The ombudsman decided that six of the complaints were premature, six were outside the ombudsman's jurisdiction, one was settled at local level, and seven were not pursued because there was no evident of maladministration.
County council chief executive Ian Stewart said he was "delighted" by the ombudsman's verdict of the complaints procedure.