Want to join the team at Wimpole Hall? Indoors or outdoors, there are opportunities for you
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham puts the spotlight on community involvement
This week the spotlight is on the exciting volunteering opportunities for people of all ages at Wimpole Hall in Arrington, our nearest National Trust property.
Wimpole is a working estate and its impressive mansion has intimate rooms which contrast with beautiful and unexpected Georgian interiors, including Soane’s breathtaking Yellow Drawing Room and wonderful plunge bath. The fascinating basement corridor offers a glimpse into life below stairs.
Outside there is a colourful parterre garden, pleasure grounds and a walled garden, abundant with fruit, vegetables and herbaceous borders.
The popular Home Farm contrasts the traditional farmyard with the noisy modern piggery and cattle sheds boasts rare-breed cattle.
You may also want to watch:
The National Trust could not run and maintain Wimpole without the help of its dedicated volunteers and there are lots of exciting volunteering opportunities at Wimpole for people of all ages who also enjoy social events with the Wimpole Volunteer Club which has talks and trips throughout the year
Now is your chance to join the team. There are two volunteer recruitment sessions on Saturday, January 17.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online
One runs from 11am to 1pm for potential room guides, flower arrangers, bookshop, catering and other indoor roles. From 2pm and 4pm would-be gardeners, garden guides, farm guides and other outdoor roles are in the spotlight.
Join the volunteer recruitment staff for a coffee in the Old Rectory Restaurant to find out more.
If you would like further details or cannot make this date, we can put you in touch.