Walkers stepping out in Meldreth for Breakthrough Breast Cancer
- Credit: Archant
Walkers will be stepping out on a charity hike to aid those suffering with breast cancer.
The five-mile Crocus Walk will take place around Meldreth on Saturday, March 29, with all money raised going to Breakthrough Breast Cancer
Organiser Hayley McKenzie said: “This year will be our 12th walk. We hold it the day before Mothers Day in honour of my nan who we lost to breast cancer.
The walk is approximately five miles long, and we usually have around 100 people attend, including people up to the age of 90.
“The walk always finishes back at a hall with tea, cakes and a raffe, and the days is a wonderful day out for all the family.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s walkers will include a group of six five-to-eight-year-old girls from Roman Way First School in Royston.
If you would like to take part in the walk, download an entry form from www.crocusevents.co.uk
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange