Walk raises cash for cancer charity
A MAN who walked 166 miles in aid of Cancer Research UK raised more than £1,500. Carlo Zambonini, 52, of Old North Road, Royston, walked the Hertfordshire Way in April and presented the charity with a cheque for £1,502 at the North Star pub on Wednesday.
A MAN who walked 166 miles in aid of Cancer Research UK raised more than £1,500.
Carlo Zambonini, 52, of Old North Road, Royston, walked the Hertfordshire Way in April and presented the charity with a cheque for £1,502 at the North Star pub on Wednesday.
Sue Verrall, treasurer of Cancer Research UK in Royston, said: "The money he has raised this year is a fantastic achievement."
She said it was a "wonderful amount".
You may also want to watch:
The 10-day walk took Carlo all around the county from places such as the edge of the Chilterns to Ashridge Forest.
It was the second time he had completed the walk, but this year he was accompanied by Ian Hart, of Melbourn.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 Pop Larkin's Rolls-Royce from The Darling Buds of May to go on sale at Duxford
Carlo said: "Between us we know people who have lost friends and family from cancer.
"Last year I only made £350 so it was a massive achievement to raise so much money.
"It's something I will consider doing again next year. It may even turn into an annual event because I really enjoy walking."
If anyone would like to become a volunteer for Cancer Research UK in Royston e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org