Walk off the excesses of Christmas and raise money to fight polio
WALK off your festive excesses with the Royston Rotary Club. The club has arranged the next leg of its walk along the Hertfordshire Way for December 29 and 30, and will again be raising money for the fight against polio. The 193-mile course has been split
WALK off your festive excesses with the Royston Rotary Club.
The club has arranged the next leg of its walk along the Hertfordshire Way for December 29 and 30, and will again be raising money for the fight against polio.
The 193-mile course has been split into 16 stages, the first of which took place in November. The second will begin at Willian and end at Codicote on the 29th, with the third, on the 30th, stretching from Codicote to St Albans.
Rotary organisations across the globe have been working for years to fight polio, and Royston Rotary president David Izod said: "We would love members of the individuals, families, scouts, guides, church groups, and anyone else to join us.
You may also want to watch:
"Do come and walk off those extra inches, and at the same time help us eradicate for ever this crippling disease."
For more information visit www.roystonrotary.com or call Jim Webb on 01763 838208.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis