Walk off the excesses of Christmas and raise money to fight polio
WALK off your festive excesses with the Royston Rotary Club. The club has arranged the next leg of its walk along the Hertfordshire Way for December 29 and 30, and will again be raising money for the fight against polio. The 193-mile course has been split
WALK off your festive excesses with the Royston Rotary Club.
The club has arranged the next leg of its walk along the Hertfordshire Way for December 29 and 30, and will again be raising money for the fight against polio.
The 193-mile course has been split into 16 stages, the first of which took place in November. The second will begin at Willian and end at Codicote on the 29th, with the third, on the 30th, stretching from Codicote to St Albans.
Rotary organisations across the globe have been working for years to fight polio, and Royston Rotary president David Izod said: "We would love members of the individuals, families, scouts, guides, church groups, and anyone else to join us.
You may also want to watch:
"Do come and walk off those extra inches, and at the same time help us eradicate for ever this crippling disease."
For more information visit www.roystonrotary.com or call Jim Webb on 01763 838208.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 8 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash