Walk off the excesses of Christmas and raise money to fight polio
WALK off your festive excesses with the Royston Rotary Club. The club has arranged the next leg of its walk along the Hertfordshire Way for December 29 and 30, and will again be raising money for the fight against polio. The 193-mile course has been split
WALK off your festive excesses with the Royston Rotary Club.
The club has arranged the next leg of its walk along the Hertfordshire Way for December 29 and 30, and will again be raising money for the fight against polio.
The 193-mile course has been split into 16 stages, the first of which took place in November. The second will begin at Willian and end at Codicote on the 29th, with the third, on the 30th, stretching from Codicote to St Albans.
Rotary organisations across the globe have been working for years to fight polio, and Royston Rotary president David Izod said: "We would love members of the individuals, families, scouts, guides, church groups, and anyone else to join us.
You may also want to watch:
"Do come and walk off those extra inches, and at the same time help us eradicate for ever this crippling disease."
For more information visit www.roystonrotary.com or call Jim Webb on 01763 838208.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 8 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 9 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 10 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage