Wait nearly over for construction of new shelter at Royston train station
- Credit: Archant
Passengers using Royston railway station will soon be able to take shelter in a new, heated, waiting room.
Train operator First Capital Connect (FCC) is installing the new waiting room on platform 2 at station.
The building will provide a warm shelter for passengers from the weather while they wait for their train, and will have a customer information screen and speakers to keep passengers up-to-date, CCTV to add security and seats with arm rests for extra comfort.
It is part of a £10.5m improvement scheme by FCC, funded by the Department for Transport’s National Stations Improvement Programme.
FCC Customer Service Director Keith Jipps said: “We all know how cold and wet winter and spring can sometimes be, so this waiting room will give passengers at Royston a welcome shelter from the elements.
You may also want to watch:
“The £10.5million investment is funding some fantastic upgrades and installations that will give our passengers fresher, more modern station environments.”
Construction work started earlier this month and the waiting room should be complete by the end of February.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation