Wait nearly over for construction of new shelter at Royston train station
- Credit: Archant
Passengers using Royston railway station will soon be able to take shelter in a new, heated, waiting room.
Train operator First Capital Connect (FCC) is installing the new waiting room on platform 2 at station.
The building will provide a warm shelter for passengers from the weather while they wait for their train, and will have a customer information screen and speakers to keep passengers up-to-date, CCTV to add security and seats with arm rests for extra comfort.
It is part of a £10.5m improvement scheme by FCC, funded by the Department for Transport’s National Stations Improvement Programme.
FCC Customer Service Director Keith Jipps said: “We all know how cold and wet winter and spring can sometimes be, so this waiting room will give passengers at Royston a welcome shelter from the elements.
You may also want to watch:
“The £10.5million investment is funding some fantastic upgrades and installations that will give our passengers fresher, more modern station environments.”
Construction work started earlier this month and the waiting room should be complete by the end of February.
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre