Vroom with a view
MORE than a dozen Ferrari sports cars captured the attention during the Italian market in Royston on Sunday. Sixteen of the iconic vehicles were on display in the market square and showed their style – at a leisurely pace – in a circuit of the town cent
MORE than a dozen Ferrari sports cars captured the attention during the Italian market in Royston on Sunday.
Sixteen of the iconic vehicles were on display in the market square and showed their style - at a leisurely pace - in a "circuit" of the town centre.
The sports cars - valued together at more than £2 million - were admired by the crowd attending the market.
The appearance of the sports cars led to Francesco Accurso, the Italian marker co-ordinator, saying: "The Ferrari show was amazing and everyone really enjoyed it."
You may also want to watch:
And Royston town centre manager Geraint Burnell said that apart from the attraction of the Ferrari sports cars, the market traders did a brisk trade and almost sold out.
"It's always hard to estimate numbers for an event like this, but I should think we were somewhere in the 2,000-3,000 range," he said.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash