Vroom with a view
MORE than a dozen Ferrari sports cars captured the attention during the Italian market in Royston on Sunday. Sixteen of the iconic vehicles were on display in the market square and showed their style – at a leisurely pace – in a circuit of the town cent
MORE than a dozen Ferrari sports cars captured the attention during the Italian market in Royston on Sunday.
Sixteen of the iconic vehicles were on display in the market square and showed their style - at a leisurely pace - in a "circuit" of the town centre.
The sports cars - valued together at more than £2 million - were admired by the crowd attending the market.
The appearance of the sports cars led to Francesco Accurso, the Italian marker co-ordinator, saying: "The Ferrari show was amazing and everyone really enjoyed it."
And Royston town centre manager Geraint Burnell said that apart from the attraction of the Ferrari sports cars, the market traders did a brisk trade and almost sold out.
"It's always hard to estimate numbers for an event like this, but I should think we were somewhere in the 2,000-3,000 range," he said.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year