Could you be a Royston Poppy Appeal volunteer?
- Credit: Archant
The organiser of the Royston Poppy Appeal is calling on the community to help with this year’s fundraising – saying more volunteers are needed to keeep it going.
Lorraine MacLeod is the organiser of the appeal in the town, and is struggling to recruit volunteers.
She told the Crow: "Year-on-year, we are finding it more and more difficult to recruit volunteers to help with organising and manning the supermarkets.
"In the last six years we have managed to break records of the total, but this year especially we are finding it difficult to get enough volunteers to organise an appeal for Royston as there is a lot of preparation that goes into it and most of us work full-time.
"To keep the all important appeal going in Royston, we need more volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
"What we are asking is if there is anyone willing to give up just two hours of their time to man one of our stalls in Morrisons, Tesco and Aldi. If interested, they can get in touch by calling 01763 220981 and leaving a message, or email email@example.com or messaging our Facebook page 'Royston Poppy Appeal'."
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation