Could you volunteer at the Wimpole Estate?
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed at the Wimpole Estate – and those who can spare some time, or want to find out more, are invited to a coffee and chat event this weekend.
If you would like to find out more, drop in on Saturday from 10am to 2pm at the Old Rectory Restaurant.
Room guide and volunteer of 12 seasons Sue Price said: "I really like meeting people and I have always been interested in history - particularly social history.
"I enjoy talking to the visitors about the different families who have lived at Wimpole and I try to make the house come alive for them."
They are recruiting for room guides, flower arrangers, musicians and volunteers assist with museum accreditation in the hall. Plant sales volunteers with horticultural knowledge are needed in the stable block, and they are also looking for 'visitor welcome volunteers'.
You may also want to watch:
More outdoor roles include volunteers to work with the heavy horses on a Friday and a maintenance team member, with DIY skills, to join the facilities team.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start