Could you volunteer at the Wimpole Estate?
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed at the Wimpole Estate – and those who can spare some time, or want to find out more, are invited to a coffee and chat event this weekend.
If you would like to find out more, drop in on Saturday from 10am to 2pm at the Old Rectory Restaurant.
Room guide and volunteer of 12 seasons Sue Price said: "I really like meeting people and I have always been interested in history - particularly social history.
"I enjoy talking to the visitors about the different families who have lived at Wimpole and I try to make the house come alive for them."
They are recruiting for room guides, flower arrangers, musicians and volunteers assist with museum accreditation in the hall. Plant sales volunteers with horticultural knowledge are needed in the stable block, and they are also looking for 'visitor welcome volunteers'.
You may also want to watch:
More outdoor roles include volunteers to work with the heavy horses on a Friday and a maintenance team member, with DIY skills, to join the facilities team.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 10 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit