Volunteer workshop for Sports Clubs
Sports North Herts and the Royston Volunteer Centre are holding a ‘Valuing Sports Volunteers’ workshop on Monday 25 October at 6pm at Baldock Community Centre, Baldock.
The workshop is for anyone who works with volunteers in sports clubs and aims to give guidance on how to recruit, motivate, reward and manage them effectively. The workshop will help clubs to identify the important work that volunteers can carry out and the types of roles that can be undertaken.
Volunteers have a vital part to play in English Sport. A significant amount of local sports clubs across North Herts are run solely by volunteers. These include a wide range of roles from sports coaches to club chairperson to parents who wash the sports kits each week.
Cllr Ian Knighton, North Herts District Council’s portfolio holder for Leisure said, “This is a particularly exciting time to take part in English sport. The organisers of the London 2012 Games have been overwhelmed by the amount of volunteers that have come forward. Many of these volunteers will also be signposted back towards sports opportunities within the local community.”
We are happy to be supporting this important workshop along with our partners in Sport North Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
The cost of the workshop is just �10. For more information and to book a place call the Royston Volunteer Centre on 01763 243020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 8 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown