Volunteer workshop for Sports Clubs
Sports North Herts and the Royston Volunteer Centre are holding a ‘Valuing Sports Volunteers’ workshop on Monday 25 October at 6pm at Baldock Community Centre, Baldock.
The workshop is for anyone who works with volunteers in sports clubs and aims to give guidance on how to recruit, motivate, reward and manage them effectively. The workshop will help clubs to identify the important work that volunteers can carry out and the types of roles that can be undertaken.
Volunteers have a vital part to play in English Sport. A significant amount of local sports clubs across North Herts are run solely by volunteers. These include a wide range of roles from sports coaches to club chairperson to parents who wash the sports kits each week.
Cllr Ian Knighton, North Herts District Council’s portfolio holder for Leisure said, “This is a particularly exciting time to take part in English sport. The organisers of the London 2012 Games have been overwhelmed by the amount of volunteers that have come forward. Many of these volunteers will also be signposted back towards sports opportunities within the local community.”
We are happy to be supporting this important workshop along with our partners in Sport North Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
The cost of the workshop is just �10. For more information and to book a place call the Royston Volunteer Centre on 01763 243020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn