Volunteer workshop for Sports Clubs
Sports North Herts and the Royston Volunteer Centre are holding a ‘Valuing Sports Volunteers’ workshop on Monday 25 October at 6pm at Baldock Community Centre, Baldock.
The workshop is for anyone who works with volunteers in sports clubs and aims to give guidance on how to recruit, motivate, reward and manage them effectively. The workshop will help clubs to identify the important work that volunteers can carry out and the types of roles that can be undertaken.
Volunteers have a vital part to play in English Sport. A significant amount of local sports clubs across North Herts are run solely by volunteers. These include a wide range of roles from sports coaches to club chairperson to parents who wash the sports kits each week.
Cllr Ian Knighton, North Herts District Council’s portfolio holder for Leisure said, “This is a particularly exciting time to take part in English sport. The organisers of the London 2012 Games have been overwhelmed by the amount of volunteers that have come forward. Many of these volunteers will also be signposted back towards sports opportunities within the local community.”
We are happy to be supporting this important workshop along with our partners in Sport North Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
The cost of the workshop is just �10. For more information and to book a place call the Royston Volunteer Centre on 01763 243020 or email email@example.com.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation