Volunteer to help Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal
- Credit: Photo supplied
A cancer charity is calling on people in Royston to help set up a new group to organise it’s biggest annual fund-raising campaign.
Marie Curie Cancer care, which provides nurses to look after patients with terminal diseases, is looking for volunteers to help with the Great Daffodil Appeal.
Fundraiser Christine Brown explained: “The Great Daffodil Appeal encourages everyone to give a donation and wear the charity’s iconic daffodil pin during March. All the money raised from the appeal will help the charity provide more free care to people with terminal illnesses in their own homes.
“With planning for the 2014 campaign already underway, the local Marie Curie fundraising team are looking to set up a new fundraising group in Royston and have an information meeting where you will be able to meet the fundraising team and find out more about the new group.
“By volunteering some of your time you’ll be helping local people with a terminal illness to get the support and care they need in their own homes at the end of their life.”
You may also want to watch:
Groups are springing up across the county with Lisa Nichols, pictured, launching one in St Albans.
The information meeting for the Royston group takes place on Wednesday 22 January at 10am at Palazzo restaurant, Kneesworth Street, Royston.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
For more information, contact Christine Brown on 01920 467209 or email her at Christine.email@example.com for more information.